Merry “Whiskey – Pappy – Pumpkinator – Bourbon – Old Rasputin – Saint Arnold – Firkin*” Christmas!
Another year, another round of questions about rare whiskies, beers, and whatnot for Christmas:
Where’s the Pappy?
Y’all getting any George T. Stagg?
Did Taylor sell his soul for some Goose Island RARE Bourbon County Stout?
Well – it just so happens that this year, just like last, we’ve got some very merry answers. This Thursday, December 17th, 2015, Calandro’s Perkins will be doing a Rare Liquor/Beer Tasting and Raffle from 5pm-8pm. Details below:
- First, at 5pm, we will have Saint Arnold here, in full force, with Christmas knick-knacks (St. Arnold’s prayer candles anyone?) and gifts for that beer lover in your life, topped off by a tasting, right off of a genuine, old world Beer Firkin*, of Saint Arnold Barrel-Aged Pumpkinator beer.
- Second, and also starting around 5pm, we’ll have other various wine and liquor tastings and specials around the store of stuff that will make awesome Xmas Stocking Stuffers.
- Third, we will open up registration for our Rare Beer and Whiskey Raffle (see item specifics below) where you donate $5 to the Wounded Warrior Project to get entered into the raffle.
- Then, at 7pm, we will be pulling names for our Rare Beer and Whiskey Items (see item specifics below) and whoever’s number is pulled out of the hat will get the opportunity to buy that rare item at the normal, reasonable, retail price.
- And finally, even after the raffle @7pm, we will continue tasting and celebrating and having a Merry Firkin* Christmas until the crowd disperses or 8:00pm hits (whichever comes sooner).
So if you’re into beer, liquor, or wine, you want any easy way to support the Wounded Warrior Project (and potentially get some awesome rare beers and liquors out of the deal), or you just like a good time with good folks that will have (or will make up) good stories, make sure and make it to Calandro’s Perkins on Thursday, December 17th from 5pm-8:00pm for our last big event of the year.
How to Sign Up for the Lottery…
To sign up, here’s what you need to do:
- Come to the Perkins Rd. store on Thursday, Dec. 17th, 2015 during the event (after 5pm and before 7pm)
- Find the Raffle Registration Table (which will be in the front foyer)
- Show your ID (you must be 21 or older to enter)
- Make your $5 cash “entry fee” / donation (all cash collected as an “entry fee” will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Project)
- Get an official Calandro’s Raffle Wristband
…and you’re entered and ready to taste away on the goodies we’ll have in-store.
Rules (to keep it all fair and fun)…
A few more rules do go along with that to keep things fair, so please review:
- Limit one entry per person. Only one wristband will be given per person at the registration table.
- Entrants must be 21. Picture ID’s will be checked at the registration table.
- Entrants must have paid their $5 entry fee and received an official Raffle Wristband. Remember – all cash collected as an “entry fee” will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Project, so its for a good cause…
- Winners must be at the Perkins store with a photo ID matching the name on the entry slip.
- Winners chosen will be given 1 minute to speak up and claim their bottle for purchase. If they don’t present in that time, then another name will be drawn.
- Winners will have the opportunity, then, to buy the items at their fair retail prices (see below). You also have the option to decline (and another name will be chosen) if you decide to change your mind on the purchase.
- The lottery will start at 7pm sharp. Registration/Entry will end 15 minutes prior to the drawing (so 6:45pm) so make sure you hit the registration table before 6:45pm (and if you’re really thinking ahead, and you really want to make sure your name is in the hat, I’d try and be here before 6:15pm given the amount of folks who typically come to the event).
- Each person entered can only win one bottle of each unique item. In other words, if you happen to win, you won’t be able to win again for that particular item, but your name will go back in the hat for the others you signed up for.
Rare Item Info…
In any case, without further ado, here are the items that will be part of the lottery along with the price the winners will pay (and rest assured that we’ve secured the following in an off-site location for the time-being so it will be safe until the winners get to buy it):
- Old Forester Birthday Bourbon – $69.99
- Thomas H. Handy Rye (Antique Collection) – $119.99
- William Larue Weller (Antique Collection) – $99.99
- Eagle Rare 17yr (Antique Collection) – $119.99
- Sazerac Rye 18yr (Antique Collection) – $119.99
- George T. Stagg (Antique Collection) – $119.99
- Four Roses Limited Edition Small Batch Barrel Strength – $119.99
- Elijah Craig 18yr – $129.99
- Old Rip Van Winkle 10yr – $89.99
- Van Winkle “Lot B” Special Reserve 12yr – $119.99
- Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye 13yr – $199.99
- Pappy Van Winkle 15yr – $199.99
- Pappy Van Winkle 20yr – $249.99
- Pappy Van Winkle 23yr – $399.99
- Old Rasputin Wheat Whiskey Barrel Aged Stout – $24.99
- Old Rasputin Rye Whiskey Barrel Aged Stout – $24.99
- Prairie Artisan Ales Vanilla Noir – $13.99
- Omnipollo Agamemnon (Maple Syrup Stout Aged in Bourbon Barrels) – $19.99
- Goose Island Rare Bourbon County Stout – $64.99
- Goose Island Regal Rye Bourbon County Stout – $21.99